This recipe may change your life.
Muffins. No eggs. No milk. Just healthy noms.
For the past week I’ve been trying to figure out how I could make muffins without having to go buy eggs.
Then, I came across Kitchen Grrls’ recipe.
It’s super easy and quick.
I gave it a few tweeks and tossed it in the oven.
Well, I didn’t actually toss it.
That would have been messy.
Here are my beautiful little babies.
All dressed up.
I must admit, when I peeled away the paper my first thought was, these muffins look like those women who used to wear the big, ruffled collars around Shakespeare’s time.
Doesn’t that collar look like a cupcake liner?
But alas, I have absolutely no desire to eat Queen Elizabeth I with a cup of coffee.
These muffins, however, are moist and flavorful and quite light. I highly recommend you try one.
Healthy and Vegan.
Spiced Banana Almond Muffins
Makes 6 Muffins
- 3/4 C whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 Large Bananas mashed
- 3 tbsp applesauce
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp raw organic cane sugar
- 2 tbsp almonds (for topping)
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Sift flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda and baking powder in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Mix mashed banana, applesauce, oil, and vanilla in a small bowl. Fold in sugar and mix well until sugar completely dissolves.
- Add liquids to flour mixture and mix until fully combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon mixture into lined muffin tray, top with almonds and bake for 16-20 mins.