You know what I realized today? I haven’t told you very much about myself. So bear with me and I’ll let you in on a little bit of my life. And if you don’t care to know, well, you can just go look at the pictures.
(I’ll never know)
10 Random (Hopefully) Interesting Facts about Amanda:
1. I like to think of myself as mostly vegetarian–I eat meat on occasion, but only when I feel like my body really needs it to function properly. The taste of meat doesn’t really do anything for me–I eat mostly whole grains, veggies, nut butters, with some fruit, dairy and local eggs for good measure. However, that being said, if I could live on coffee, scones, and mangos for the rest of my life, I probably would.
2. I make lots of crazy faces and voices. If you’re not ready for me to go through three different accents in a single conversation, be prepared. I also sing at random times and may do a random interpretive dance for you. Unapologetically.
3. I used to be painfully shy. Really, really, painfully shy. I couldn’t even say hello to people or look them in the eye. It took theatre and an epiphany a couple years ago for me to really start enjoying people and places and life. I just realized that there is so much more to life when you relax and allow people to just see…you.
4. I am a hopeless romantic, through and through.
5. I have a pretend huge ego (which I jokingly showcase throughout the day), and my humor relies almost entirely upon sarcasm.
6. I am an optimist, but also practical. I am opinionated and open-minded. I like math, but I’m a Theatre and Sociology double major. I am both a morning person and a night person. Figure that out.
7. My sister and I look like twins, act like twins, and think like twins. But we are NOT twins. Our license plate even says so.
8. My current career ideas are actress, yoga instructor, bakery owner, animal rights activist, and many more. I’m hoping to fit in a lot of travel in there.
9. I like to think that I am a well-grounded person. I almost never have drama in my life (except the kind on stage), and I try to be as kind and respectful of other people as possible. Treat others as you would want to be treated, you know. And that pretty much lines up with my political views as well.
10. I love singing, yoga, baking, coffee dates, driving, laughing, dressing up, reading, running, exploring grocery markets, dancing, doodling, campfires, and people-watching. My pet-peeves are tardiness, the sound of chewing (unless the food is crunchy), and slow drivers.
Phew! Well, now that you got through that, I do have some food for you all to look at. Yesterday I was at Whole Foods and saw these beautiful mixed lentils. I was absolutely dazzled by the rainbow grains and cooked up my first batch of lentils (ever) for lunch. They were tasty but a little overdone (I should have cooked them for about 13 minutes instead of 17), and unfortunately they lost a lot of that beautiful color. However, it’s pretty hard to go wrong with such a tex-mex mix of toppings, and I really love hearty grains (especially when they’re packed with protein!)
Aren’t they BEAUTIFUL????
Just toss it all in a bowl for an explosion of flavor.